Sunday, August 07, 2005 | By: danztilya

Control

Control is something you have to work hard for. Even in the simplest things, if there's something you really want, the only person who can really, truly help you is yourself. Otherwise, the feeling of control that you want in your life isn't gonna be accomplished.

So one serious example is getting a job, or leaving a sucky job with a sucky boss for one with a higher salary and better benefits, or buying a house, or (and this is my personal favorite), painting your room the perfect shade that you want! Hahaha...

If you're a fresh grad (ahem ahem) who's looking for a job, there's no greater satisfaction than getting a job on your own. Going through the entire interview process and all the screening really makes you feel like you earned your place in the ever so shifty career ladders of the world. I'm still hoping to get this satisfaction someday soon. Hahaha...

Leaving a sucky job means working overtime (for yourself, since you have a dayjob) to find a better job. It's also kind of risky, if you end up at a worse job atmosphere. Plus you have a new set of people to get along with, annoying persons to deal with, and asses to kiss. But landing yourself a better position is truly worth it. I'm proud of my ate for finally leaving her sucky job and .. you know etc. etc... Good luck on your GMAT!

Finding a house is already a lot of work. I know for a fact that my sister and her husband drove for blocks and blocks just looking for open houses and for sale signs. Imagine all the ugly houses they entered, those with dingy kitchens and cramped living areas. Of course there were the better looking houses that cost an arm and a leg plus tax. Lolz. And THEN when you find the perfect one and buy it, you have no idea what you're in for. All the work, all the planning, the decorating and such. I know it still feels good for those who've done it. The look on my sister and Joe's eyes when they've finished another project on their home is always priceless. :)

So what's this entry really about? :) Today I painted the first coat of lavender paint on the walls of my room. It looks pretty cool already! And albeit a little girly, I still feel all bubbly inside. On tv shows, it looks really fun when people paint their rooms. Little did we know that it involves a lot of sweating and scrubbing your hair, face, elbows and clothes to take out the paint. It also involves a lot of nervous musing when your paint color doesn't turn out the way it's supposed to on the first coating. But in the end everything turns out great... And tonight I'm sporting several aching muscles and worn joints, but everything works out great when I know I picked my color and those were my hands and my sister's that lovingly applied every inch of lavender in that room. :)

3 comments:

Jace said...

baby so kyutey! lavender room!!!! gusto ko na matulog jan!!! hihi! :)

Anonymous said...

haha.. lavender room? diba laro un trying to get out of that room thing sh!t? aahahaha! joke3:)

danztilya said...

hahaha pat corny! my room is too cute i dnt wanna get out hehe.. once i fix it up of course.. ey nga pla may bago akong chikka for you ;P unless nakita mo na hahaha.. u knw wat i mean...