Friday, August 05, 2005 | By: danztilya

Birthday!

The title is corny but that's what my entry is about!

FYI: My birthday was on the 2nd of August, 1983
FYI2: Z100 our favorite hit radio station here also turned 22 last Tuesday!

So on my birthday, I wasn't expecting much. Of course I missed my friends and my baby so I didn't feel like being too happy. So I just dressed up in a shirt and pants that were 2 sizes too big (we were going to pig out for dinner of course), and then proceeded to go to DMV with my sister first thing in the morning. I wanted to get a non drivers ID card (to prove I'm 22 instead of like 12 or 14, yes being 5 ft flat has its disadvantages!), and my sister renewed her license. At first I waited for my number to flash on the digital board like my life depended on it. But then I suddenly noticed the advertisment/news board and found out several interesting stuff, like the 30% shift of IT people to other career paths over the next few years, and that Julia Roberts is starring in a broadway show next spring. Lo and behold, I missed my number. So I had to line up again and wait again! Good thing my sister was there so I wasn't so bored out of my mind. After that we had Swedish meatballs at Ikea, and looked for a desk for my room. We found one, and also found out that it was temporarily unavailable. How sad. So we just went around, bought some stuff, and I saw a lamp that would look great in my room so we bought it. Really fun plus of course the meatballs were great! After that we went to watch 'Sky High', which was fun and actually had Wonder Woman in it... it's a young teen's film but it was actually a lot of fun to watch! After that we went to the mall and didn't have much to do so we checked out the petshop, and I found these two really cute chihuahuas that looked alike. When I said 'hi!' to them they scratched their cage as if saying 'Take us with you!'. It was so cute! I also found a beagle that made my heart set on buying a beagle in the future, it was already sold and playing with a toy which I assumed the new owner bought it. After that we went to Starbucks and I actually had a real Caramel Frappuccino (not light, since I thought I would indulge on my birthday), and looked around at a scented candle store, which featured really erky smelling candles.. Then we decided to go home for a bit and head to Bed Bath and Beyond (yes believe me after fixing the house we probably would already have memorized the things that they sell there) and then fetched Ate Aleth from the office. Then we went to Target where I bought stuff for the bathroom downstairs (which is now looking REALLY great by the way). I picked the colors so it's kinda girly... Actually reminds me of flowers, which the scented candle actually smells like and is designed with.. haha! Then we ate at this restaurant called PF Chang's which is kind of a Chinese-American fusion type of restaurant. The food was great, one of the best Chinese meals I've ever had! And then we had dessert at home, consisting of Carrot Cheesecake slices from Cheesecake Factory, which were PURE EVIL (and incredibly yummy.. I peg it at 2000 calories per slice hahaha!). I got 2 packages, a box of cookies and other birthday goodies from my sister, which we then used for the usual birthday merriment activities like blowing of candles etc. etc...., and flowers from my baby! Those were totally unexpected, and such a pleasant surprise. :) All in all the day was great.. My sisters made sure that I had a nice day.. I'm sure they felt kind of sad on their first birthday celebration here, away from home. All my friends and other family members made sure to greet me too! Michelle also called, which also was a pleasant surprise because I know the calls come from her own wallet now! Another birthday surprise was that the company that I thought had lost interest in me called to apologize for the delay, and that I was going to get a second interview. I actually had the interview earlier today, and I think it went fine. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll call me next week... So for now just wanna say thanks to everyone who greeted me! And hi to Gino who is my birthday buddy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwh... so happy day... :)

-Steppie

Anonymous said...

grabe.. maayos na birthday celebration yan ha! :) never had that time of my life on my birthday.. never.

carrot cheesecake? hmmm.. i gotta try that. at sa cheesecake factory ha? hmmm.. siguradong masarap yan! hahaha:) even if it maybe 5000 calories.. id try it. :)

PaT