Saturday, September 24, 2005 | By: danztilya

Pedophile in Reverse

Lately I've been having these urges to play those old Bryan Adams songs that not only turned up in several movie soundtracks like Everything I Do (Robin Hood Prince of Thieves), All for Love (Three Musketeers) and Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman (Don Juan de Marco), but also in sleazy beer joints in the Philippines (ahahaha!). I told a friend of mine that this started after I recently watched Don Juan De Marco on DVD for the first time, and realized that I loved these songs whether or not a lot of people think they're corny, cheesy or even sleazy. Heheh. After that I suddenly remembered having this huge crush on Kevin Costner as Robin Hood. And then I realized, oh my goodness I had crushes on a lot of old guys when I was a kid. I also liked Bill Pullman when I saw him in Casper. That's right, not Devon Sawa, the humanized form of Casper whom kids my age left and right wanted to have for themselves, but Bill Pullman, the dad with the glasses. Today I checked out http://www.imdb.com (The Internet Movie Database) and found out Robin Hood was released in 1991, I was in SECOND GRADE then. Casper though was released in 1995, I was already in 5th grade by then but STILL very creepy.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Hmm.. My teeth need a good cleaning. I can't wait to start work so that my dental insurance kicks in (with other perks as well heheh such as the usual one of actually supporting oneself). I know I'll be tired everyday when I start to work though. I hope I don't get assigned out of the state for awhile.

0 comments: