Sunday, January 22, 2006 | By: danztilya

A Pretty Long Walk

Aha! Today I will not torture my faithful readers with another set of lyrics that will only serve to remind them how much I love music and how sentimental I'm feeling nowadays. Today I was brave enough to travel by bus and train to San Francisco all alone, and had the best time. I only passed by most of the tourist attractions and was not able to ride any of the tour trolleys or cable cars. I still have like, three weekends to hang around over there (tomorrow I might go to Oakland City Center just to have a look around, MAYBE get my nails done, and buy an Oakland shirt for my favorite person :), then study for half the day ). I drank some Irish coffee though, which was supposed to be the original as brought to the US by some guy. In effect I had a coffee and a swig of Irish whiskey at around 12:00 pm. I did a lot of shopping so I ended up just eating clam chowder on sourdough bread a little after lunch.





There we go, sourdough bread!


Mmm.. does that look tasty to you? It was! I think I should try crab cakes at one of the better restaurants one of these weekends. :). So, since I didn't do the tour, what else did I do? Well I mostly walked around and took a lot of pictures without me in them hahaha... Except for a few with my face looking really huge, just to prove that I was actually the one taking the pictures and not some random person.

Here's a nonsensical picture of one of the BART trains (AKA public transportation). The seats are cushioned, a far cry from the ass-hating seats of the MTA over at NY:


Here's a boring fountain which I have no idea why I took a picture of:





One of the many docks. This one was my favorite.


Boudin's Sourdough Bread Bakery:




Ghirardelli Square. Chocolate!!!


Me at the Ghirardelli chocolate shop:



I found a quaint little artist's gallery near Ghirardelli Square. Unfortunately, it was closed so I couldn't come inside, meaning I had to be content with looking from outside, and I forgot the artist's name. But it features paintings of people and animals with doe-like eyes. This particular one leapt at me, as you can imagine (for those who know about BoomBoom):



Another one of the paintings from outside (haha u can almost see me taking the picture, obviously I took this from outside a glass window):


Hmm.. obviously I have yet to take a picture of something substantial. HAHAHA. I think I'll leave that to when I'm actually using a digital camera, and there's someone willing to take my picture :P.

I had a lot of fun, though. This kind of life is worth it, if I could only deal with the only real problem I have with it. It's not the traveling, the tiredness, or anything of that sort. It's the distance. *sigh* Oh well. It's time to study. I actually have to earn all this stuff I shopped for.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tag!!! click my name for details... so you wont have to torture your readers with another set of lyrics. kidding! ^_^

Unknown said...

haha! comment na lang para hindi mawala kagaya ng tag... wehehe... ang sarap ng clam chowder sa loob ng tinapay na matigas!!! maasim ba ang sour bread??

danztilya said...

On the contrary, hindi maasim ang sourdough bread. At least, yung kinain ko. LOL. At saka malambot yung loob niya... Kumain din ako sa magandang restaurant nung Sunday, muka ngang tanga mag isa kumain sa mahal na restaurant muka pakong bata nung day na yun. Super neuro yung mga waiter hahaha.. Anyway, mas nasarapan pako sa clam chowder hahaha! Foodie! Pero, ok narin, super fresh na salmon. :)