Sunday, October 02, 2005 | By: danztilya

Doggy Day!

It's been a busy weekend for me. Last Friday my sister drove by and we went to the mall to buy our older sister some gifts for her birthday (which is actually today). Our gifts consisted of maternity clothes, which are really what she needs the most right now. We had dinner at the mall, and tried to keep our eyes averted from the SALE! posters we saw left and right. Saturday we went to the 'My Dog Loves Central Park' fair, WITHOUT our dog Shadow because we were actually volunteers for the booth. My sister and her friends got stuck standing for about half the day at the playpen and the adopt-a-dog booth while I was at the photo booth. I was luckier coz I got to sit, but boy was it HECTIC there! People were signing up like crazy! Naturally I got a good look at a lot of different dog breeds, I think maybe around 200 people signed up, some of them bringing more than 1 dog. It was pretty tiring but at least we got 'Central Park PAWS' caps. After an entire day of volunteering it was no wonder we felt like sleeping while waiting for the mass to start at St. Patrick's. 'Homeless ang dating!' like my sister said.

Today we slept in and then went out for brunch with Ate Ameeh and Joe for Ate Meeh's birthday. After that we just hung around at home, eating ice cream (from Cold Stone of course, which our refrigerators are never without) watching 'Boys Over Flowers' (which Ate Aleth had to endure to hang out with us heheh). Before she left there was a lot of excitement, serious discussion and bartering with the jewelry that our aunt sent to us.

I'm still having a lot of difficulty with my driving. *sigh* I drove to Cold Stone and actually drove right up to the pavement as I was trying to park. Good thing nothing was damaged. I was too horrified to get back on the wheel so I let my sister drive home. Well, on Tuesday it'll be another day, another chance for me to hone my driving skills. For now I'll be content with some of the tips my sister gave me.

0 comments: