Tuesday, February 21, 2006 | By: danztilya

MP

This night is reminiscent of those days when we were doing our Machine Problems (MPs), trying to finish them 3 nights before the deadline. :). Except, before, I usually wasn't the main programmer, and now I'm the ONLY one. This project is a great way to toot my own horn, let people know I can actually function well on my own. The only problem is that I HAVEN'T been procrastinating. I've been working since the day I started, and still ended up like this, on a holiday, waking up at 3 am and even worse, not being able to sleep at all. The added stress of not having a decent internet connection in this part of the hotel is also driving me nuts. I have filled my stomach with oats, oats and more oats, plus about 3 servings of coffee. And now I am blogging for a few minutes, just to wake myself up and stop myself from taking those 5 steps towards the bed and falling asleep instantly. What am I saying? It's only 10:00 pm. I guess when your time is dependent on someone whose time is running 3 hours later than yours, you start feeling like you're in the same time zone. (I actually said 'time' 3 times in one sentence). Come to think about it, the person I'm talking about is sick, can barely function, and yet, forced himself to talk to me until about 12:30 am (EST). You can't blame me for tying my days to someone who's just as equally tied to mine. :).

I keep thinking just to hang in there. If I don't get any sleep until I leave for New York, at least I know that when I get on that red-eye flight on Thursday, I will be sleeping soundly, and will wake up just in time to have the sun shine on my life again.

1 comments:

mrt said...

sayang.. may nagpapagawa sa kin ng MP.. yung simulated pc task scheduler.. ndi ko na makita yung lumang kong mps.. sayang.. mga 2thou din yun..

mmmmmm... oats..