Sunday, December 11, 2005 | By: danztilya

The Tourist

The title, I actually got from the secret identity of a guy in a book that I read called "Honeymoon", written by James Patterson. The book sucked, and it was quite unfortunate for me to have read one of the very few books he wrote that isn't excellent. He's my sister's favorite author, and I heard his books are really great. One day I'd like to read more of them, but right now I'm just so occupied with other stuff, plus I wake up late on the weekends. :P This isn't a review. Ahahaha!

The title is actually for me. The brave little 5'0 ft girl who waded through the sea of tourists all over Times Square and 5th Avenue, on a SATURDAY. People are funny. When they're tourists they become these weird, annoying people who slow down everybody else, stop in the middle of the freakin' road to discuss coffee at the Trump Tower, and of course, are too riveted with the skyscraper scenery to notice that someone as small as I am is in front, behind or beside them. SO. As you can imagine, it wasn't a very pleasant experience. And those who really know me would know that I really, really, REALLY, despise being in crowds. Except maybe for concerts (I LOVE YOU USHER!). But the amazing thing is that it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I guess instead of being as annoyed as I possible could, I started remembering when it was my first time in New York, and when I was in Paris and Rome a few months ago. Yes, people become annoying when they're tourists, 'coz I've been one several times in my life. I sort of understand, and my only hope is that whenever all of you out there take on this sigh inducing persona, you will at least remember NOT to stop in the middle of the road to discuss lunch plans, and still have loads of fun. :) Oh, and watch out for that 4'11 girl PLEASE don't step on her.

My day was pretty fun, though, despite the crazy crowds. It consisted of a movie, window shopping, coffee and pizza. If it weren't for all the tall people and the snow, I could've sworn I was back in Manila, doing the usual stuff with one of my friends. Best, miss na kita. Punta ko Eastwood next Saturday, ha? Coffee Bean...


0 comments: