Monday, May 08, 2006 | By: danztilya

When Life Passes You By

One of my officemates brought up the feeling of just getting your paycheck again and again and you're not even aware of it, and that's when you realize you really ARE a consultant. Because you have no life. That's not exactly true for me. TRUE I don't have a life, but false that my paycheck arrives and I don't realize it. HAHAHA. Everytime my paycheck arrives I lose the nerve to save up all the more. I think it's because I've been feeling kind of depressed lately. Which is why I tend to wake up late on the weekends. And why I lose even more time to spend on interesting things to do. Lately I've fallen out of love with all the things I used to love, like books. I've tried reading 5 books to date since I started working, and have finished 0 so far. And if you're like me, a person with her head up in the clouds, someone who's always been so disappointed about life that she tries to forget about real life by spending half of her time inside those pages, something like this could very well feel like the end of your existence. Or the start of one of the most depressing chapters in your life. OR, maybe your inner self is urging you to move on and grow up. Whatever it is, I hope it's merely temporary. I don't think I can spend the rest of my existence facing the harsh reality of life head-on without the armor of pure, unrestrained fiction.

Today I felt sad about another missed opportunity. I heard my teammates talking about David Blaine finishing up his stunt in the city, which I had first heard of like 2 weeks ago. I vowed to go over and visit the site, but never got to it. I think he finished it today. I KNEW I missed something over the weekend. What a bummer. Well, at least I got to watch MI:3, which I thought I was going to miss. Another interesting 2-minute topic for me and my carpool friend as we head out from another day at work. Sometimes I wonder why I chose this profession. Well, I kind of didn't choose it, it chose me. Just 'coz I wanted to grab the first job offer I had. It gets kinda lonely.

In a suddent burst of effort to fill my otherwise empty life I did a dance class yesterday (after doing tae bo in the morning). The class was pure fun. Jaime, our dance instructor, who was supposed to be teaching basic hiphop, ended up choreographing 'Hips Don't Lie' by Shakira. Add a joke every 2 minutes and you've got yourself a recipe for a fun afternoon. I'm planning on taking his class every Sunday if I can. The effect of this sudden exciting activity for me (plus changing my luggage setup and carrying two laptops in a backpack all the way to Princeton, New Jersey), has me sporting a very sore back. Ah well. There are some sacrifices you just have to make.

0 comments: