Wednesday, May 31, 2006 | By: danztilya

Looking..




It is so incredibly annoying when some person tells you your time is almost up. "Time for what?", you're probably asking. Well, time to find the right person and have little versions of you running around. Yes, yes, it is a fact of life that people (especially women) are constantly looking for that person to spend forever with, (sometimes forever means about 10 years, or several kids, but it depends on what the definition has been for you ;) ). Personally, I've never been excited about the prospect of marriage. Some women have dreamt of this thing their entire lives, parading around in a veil at 9 years of age (at 9 years old I was climbing trees and making mud cakes, so don't be surprised I didn't care about weddings). For some reason, the idea of settling down came up as I was talking to this guy friend of mine. I volunteered the information that someone I knew (whom I will not name, lest she kill me) was told by her gynecologist that her time was almost up to have kids. WTF?!?! That is so freakin' rude! My friend laughed pretty hard though. We were kind of quiet after that for a bit and then he suddenly said, "Hey, YOU have just about 5 years left." I think my eyes just about bulged as I said, "WHAT?! DON'T STRESS ME OUT!" He couldn't stop laughing. Hey, it's not funny. It's freakin' unfair that guys don't have a ticking clock on their abilities to have kids (of course, for as long as they can still perform ;) and that's not even an issue anymore I think). I mean, what if I wanted to travel the world first? Settle down at 35? Ahahahhaa! Guys don't feel the pressure, so they can settle down any old time they want. So I asked him, "Hmm, so should I be scheming now to try and tie down some guy?". "Yes, tie him down, lock him up, and throw out the key!" This statement sent me into fits of laughter (I should point out that this guy and I are in no way romantically inclined towards each other), and I guess I forgave him for stressing me out earlier. *sigh* If only things were as simple as just finding the right person and deciding to settle down in a heartbeat. It seems like when you're looking too hard, you never seem to find what you're looking for. And when you're not looking is when you find something. And when you find something, it's never as simple as "Yes, this is it." As for me, I still have 5-8 years ;). SO QUIT STRESSING ME OUT!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ang cute nung ibon!!! san yan galing???

Anonymous said...

i like dogs to. and i have one.her name is katy